The exam week is approaching and you wouldn’t mind to get to know more about some places around the city where you can study, right? This article is all about it.
First things first, cross the university library out of the list until 10th of April, since Hanze students are no longer allowed to study there during the exam period. Luckily for you, there are few other places around the city center, which you may use for study purposes.
- The first one is Groningen forum library. It is located at Oude Boteringestraat 18, just a few steps from the Grote Markt. It is opened and available for studying all seven days of the week from 08:00 till 23:00. Pretty much cozy place with a lot of tables to sit at.
- The second location is Van der Velde bookshop, Guldenstraat 20 (the first turn to the right just before the Vismarkt, if you are looking on the church at the end of the square). On the contrary to the library, it is opened only on weekdays, Monday-Friday, from 08:00 to 18:00. Neat and spacious location with good internet and quite atmosphere.
- Another location available for you is Prince Claus Conservatorium, Radesingel 6. It is one of the Hanze departments, specifically aimed on music and arts. You will find it if you take the street down from the Martini hotel, which goes to the Oosterpoort. The opening days and hours are the same as for the bookshop, so Monday-Friday, from 08:00 till 18:00, thus keep it in mind when you will be figuring out your study schedule.
- Where you could also go is Het Heerenhuis. It is very nice and clean cafe located at Spilsluizen 9, not far from the Noordeeplantsoen. The cafe is opened on weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00 and is closed on weekends.
- In the end of the day, you can always study at Zernike itself; Hanze library is opened both on weekdays and weekends, from 09:00 till 19:00 Monday-Friday and from 09:00 till 17:00 on Saturday-Sunday correspondingly.
We hope this information happened to be useful and now go, start preparing, exams are approaching. Cheers!